Writing Center Tutoring
Meet with a Writing Center Tutor
Students may now work with a Writing Center tutor in person or online.
In-Person Writing Support
In-Person Writing Center tutoring is available!
IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS and DROP-IN Tutoring in the CLRC (located on West Campus)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. as available
- To make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or call us 805-730-4463
Online Writing Center tutoring is available!
ONLINE TUTORING BY APPOINTMENT
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
To make an online appointment with a writing center tutor, click on the red button below.
Appointments must be made no less than 15 minutes in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: The last page with the appointments takes time to load. If it still appears gray, please wait 1-2 minutes for the appointments to appear.
To meet with your tutor when it is time for your appointment, click on the green button below.
The button will take you to your Accudemia home page, where you will click on the green "Join Now" button next to your appointment.
This button will appear five minutes before your session and will remain active up to ten minutes after your session is supposed to begin.
To see a short video that demonstrates how to use this appointment system, click here.
We can also help you connect with an online writing center tutor if you call the Writing Center at 805-730-4463 during our service hours (Monday-Thursday from 10:00-4:00 and Friday from 10:00-1:00).
If you want more information about how to connect with a tutor by phone, click here.
If you want more information about making Zoom work with low bandwidth, click here.
To see an online tutor to work on an application essay, choose any class when you make your appointment and then leave a note on the last page when you confirm to let the tutor know.
For more Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about writing center appointments online, click here.
More about Tutoring at the SBCC Writing Center
The Writing Center is here for YOU
- One-on-one tutoring for any writing assignment for any class
- 45 minute sessions
- Focus determined by the student
- Help at any point in the writing process
- Beneficial for writers at all levels
- FREE for currently enrolled SBCC students
- A proven key to student success at SBCC:
Students who use the Writing Center have better outcomes in their classes!
How we help you become a better writer
We help you gain strength and independence as a writer by supporting you in the learning process and connecting you with resources.
- YOU set the agenda
- Participate in a student-centered dialogue
- Build on what you already know
- Enhance critical thinking skills
- Increase self-awareness
- Leave with a plan for what to do next