Withdrawal Deadline & Academic Counseling Hours During Spring Break
The last day to withdraw from 16-week semester length classes or the college is on Friday, March 31. Please note, the Academic Counseling Center will be closed next week during Spring Break. We will reopen our offices on 4/3/23. Have a great week!
For quick questions, we offer weekly on-campus drop-in counseling on Mondays, Tuesdays
and Thursdays from 9am-4pm and Wednesdays from 9am-6pm. We are located on the bottom
floor of the Student Services building.
For complex questions and longer term planning, we offer on-campus and remote 45-minute
appointments, weekly Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-4pm and Wednesdays from 9am-6pm. On Fridays from 9am-1pm, we offer 45-minute remote only appointments. You can book these appoinments in your Starfish.
Review your most recent Student Educational Plan that you created with a counselor in Degree Planner.
Academic Counselors are here to:
- Assist students in planning and achieving their academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Educate students on transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Conduct Class Planning sessions for new students, classroom presentations and workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Refer students to University Transfer Center, Career Center, Health & Wellness, DSPS, and other student services.
Phone Hours: (805) 730-4085 from Monday-Friday 10am-12:30pm