University Transfer Academy Services
Your success depends on your attendance in enrolled classes and completion of course assignments, in addition to participating in University Transfer Academy support services. Following are some of the many services available to you as a University Transfer Academy member to ensure your academic and transfer success:
- Unlimited Academic, Vocational, and Personal counseling sessions with a dedicated UTA counselor. In-person, virtual, drop-in, evenings and weekend appointments are available.
- Obtain one-on-one guidance to guarantee your enrollment spot at one of our TAG partner schools.
- Priority scheduling with four-year admission representatives and advisors.
- Priority access to Transfer Awareness workshops.
- Guidance in selecting a transfer institution and assistance with completing your TAG, UC, CSU, Private, or Out-of-State transfer application.
- Individual appointments with representatives from four-year colleges and universities.
- Early and free access to campus visits to four-year colleges and universities.
- Development of your personal Transfer Success Plan that identifies out-of-classroom academic and support services and activities essential to your transfer planning and success.
- Development of a Student Educational Plan by trained and knowledgeable counselors that charts the courses your need to complete general education, major preparation and elective courses.
- Documented evaluation of courses completed at other colleges that transfer to and satisfy admission and pre-major requirements.
- Semester-by-semester feedback on your transfer progress.
- Transfer information updates and event announcements to keep you connected with and prepared for the university experience.
- Participation in UCSB’s Lecture Experience and cross-enrollment.
- Assistance finding sources of financial aid and education financial planning.
Graduating from a 4-year institution is a worthy achievement. Getting there through the SBCC University Transfer Academy is your smart and affordable choice.