Distance Ed. Preparation
Is Online For You?
You should be confident about your computer and study skills. Review the following list of requirements to assess your readiness to take online classes.
- I know how to connect to the Internet using a browser.
- I can navigate around the Internet and I know how to use search engines.
- I know how to send and receive e-mail
- I know how to do basic word processing, including cutting and pasting.
- I know how to open, save, and manage files.
- I have access to a computer with an internet connection at least 5 days a week.
- The computer I will use meets the basic system requirements for taking SBCC online classes.
- I have 9-12 hours a week to work on each online class.
- I am motivated to log in to the virtual classroom at least 5 days a week.
- I am a self-starter and can manage my time and course workload efficiently.
- I have good reading comprehension and written communication skills, and I enjoy communicating in writing.
- I am able to ask for help when I need it.
If you can't answer "Yes" to all these questions, you may not be quite ready for online learning.