California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
Whether you want to move up into a career or move on to a four-year university, California community colleges want to help you achieve your educational goals. The California College Promise Grant (CCPG ) is available for eligible students at California community colleges, and will waive your per-unit enrollment fee at any community college throughout the state. California Residents and AB 540 students are eligible for this grant.
Choose 1 of 3 Methods to Apply for CCPG
- CCCApply will require the log in username and password when you applied to SBCC.
- Complete the 2021-2022 application for Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022.
- Complete the 2022-2023 application for Fall 2022, and Spring 2023
- Complete the 2021-2022 application for Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022. Available in English and Spanish.
- Complete the 2022-2023 application for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023. Available in English and Spanish.
- Submit the form to the Financial Aid Office by mailing it or faxing it (mailing address and fax number found on form), or by Email to email@example.com. You will be required to email it from your SBCC Pipeline email.
Minimum Requirements for Maximum Success
Once you’ve qualified for the CCPG, it’s important to ensure that you’re meeting the academic and progress standards in order to avoid losing the fee waiver.
These standards do not apply to foster youth (24 years and younger).
Eligibility to receive support services and enrollment priority is not affected.
Lost CCPG eligibility, you can reinstate it:
- Improve your GPA or course completion measures to meet the academic and progress standards
- Successful appeal regarding extenuating circumstances (see below)
- Successful appeal based on significant academic improvement (see below)
- Not attending your school district for two consecutive primary terms (fall/spring semesters, or fall/winter/spring quarters)
- Extenuating circumstances – cases of accidents, illnesses, or other circumstances beyond a student's control.
- A change in a student's economic situation.
- Evidence that a student was unable to obtain essential support services.
- Special consideration of factors for CalWORKs, EOPS, DSPS, and veteran students.
- Students with disabilities who applied for but did not receive accommodation in a timely manner.
- Significant academic improvement.
- Successful appeal for enrollment priority extends to the fee waiver.
HOW TO TURN IN THE CCPG APPEAL FORM:
To turn in the CCPG appeal to the financial aid office you may do so by uploading it to the Sharefile file by clicking here.
You might also submit it by mail to the SBCC financial aid office at 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara CA 93109.
By Fax at (805) 564-1893. Faxes will be checked in as received within 24-48 hours, review time can be up to 2 weeks
By Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to email it from your SBCC Pipeline email.
In-person at the SBCC financial aid office.