Scholarships - Off Campus
Looking for scholarships to help for your education?
This page contains five sections:
- Recipients of Outside Scholarship Agencies
- Scholarships Available through Local Agencies
- Scholarship Search Engines
- Individual Scholarship Links
- CCCSFAAA Annual Scholarship
If you have been awarded a scholarship from an outside scholarship agency, please have your scholarship check sent to the mailing address below along with the following information.
- Make the scholarship check out to: Santa Barbara City College
- Include the student's name and SBCC student ID number (K#)
- Mail the scholarship check to:
Santa Barbara City College
Financial Aid Office
C/O Scholarship Coordinator
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
All received scholarship checks will be split equally between the Fall and Spring semesters. If the scholarship is for one semester only, please indicate this on the check itself or in a letter accompanying the check. If you have questions, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by phone at (805) 730-4217.
The links in this section are scholarships from local agencies in Santa Barbara. Click on the links below for more information. All of these individual scholarships have different criteria and deadlines. Make sure to read each carefully and submit all required information on time.
The links in this section are Scholarship Search Engines where you can research scholarship opportunities. They are not individual scholarships.
- Affordable Colleges Online
- Health Professionals Education Foundation
- MALDEF Scholarship Resource Guide
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- SallieMae Scholarship Search
- Chegg Scholarship Search
- The University Network
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Tuition Funding Sources
- Immigrants Rising
- Study.com Scholarships
- LGBTQ+ Student Scholarships
- eduPass for International Students
The links in this section are individual Scholarships. Click on the expandable areas to obtain scholarship links and information. All of these individual scholarships have different criteria and deadlines. Make sure to read each carefully and submit all required information on time.
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers (Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Tribute Scholarship FOR ALL STUDENTS. All other scholarships listed are just for law students.)
The links in this section are individual scholarships. Click on the expandable area to obtain the scholarship application link and information. The criteria and deadline is outlined within. Make sure to read carefully and submit all required information on time.
The scholarships are funded by the proceeds of the book "College for all Californians: A History of the California Community Colleges." Awardees will be selected by the book's co-authors, Community College League of California President & CEO Larry A. Galizio and George Boggs, as well as members of the League Board of Directors.
DEADLINE: March 31st, 2024
Number of scholarships: 10
- Enrolled currently in at least six (6) units at one or more California Community College
- In good academic standing
- Minimum overall 2.0 GPA
- California resident
- Employed at least 10 hours/week
- Personal statements are required
- How has the opportunity to attend community college helped you/your family?
- What are your plans for the future?
- How will these funds assist you in pursuing your education?
All forms must be completed and submitted by the stated deadline, no exceptions. A personal statement is required. Students will be notified if selected in May 2024 by CC League. Please see the scholarship application linked above for more information.
2023 CCCSFAAA Scholarship Application
DEADLINE: TBD for Spring 2024
Number of scholarships per region: 2
- Enrolled in at least 6 units for the Spring 23 semester at SBCC
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have remaining financial need of at least $1,000
- Student must have applied for the 2022-23 FAFSA or CADAA
- Personal statement is required
All forms must be completed and submitted by the stated deadline, no exceptions. A
handwritten signature is required on the application form. A personal statement is
required. Students will be notified by mail if selected in May 2023 by CCCSFAAA. The
scholarship award will be processed by the SBCC Financial Aid Office. Please see the
2023 CCCSFAAA Scholarship Application linked above for more information.